The VIRTUE EV system provides both off-grid electric vehicle rapid charging (50kW CHAdeMO) and an electric vehicle fast charging (11kW) AC charger, allowing a site with limited grid capacity to charge vehicles without upgrading grid infrastructure.
It can also be charged directly through renewable generators so that the charging of vehicles can be done independently from the grid.
All VIRTUE EV systems are provided with solar canopy integrated connectivity with single units including 6kW solar PV and double units containing 12kW canopies.
VIRTUE EV – Benefits:
VIRTUE EV is an application of the VIRTUE energy storage system and is capable of utilising the energy stored through this solution to charge electric vehicles, the key benefits of Virtue EV include the ability to:
- Avoid costly upgrades and investment in infrastructure changes
- Reduce the amount of kWh the load takes from the grid, in turn
reducing carbon emissions
- Remove the need for inverters with solar integration
- Reduce costs by avoiding peak-tariff periods
- Generate additional income through participation in grid incentive
- Provide full UPS capabilities to the load at all times
VIRTUE EV offers local electric vehicle rapid charging and storage that greatly reduces demand spikes caused by electric vehicles connecting to the grid. It supplies the highest possible charging rate by utilising stored energy to deal with the sudden large demand of power, which not only helps with the wider infrastructure but also the local network.
EV – Features
VIRTUE EV can be tailored to match customers specifications; whether this is a system is needed with integrated renewable generation, a unit for use within restricted space or a solution that can bring additional revenues.
There are multiple options that can be added or altered to meet your specific needs, these include:
- Wi-fi built into the VIRTUE EV design to provide internet access for
- A customised interface (HMI) for a user-friendly process
- Credit card payment systems for ease of payment and additional
- An online booking service to allow users to plan their journey